HOW TO: Import a Schedule+ 7.X SCD or Schedule+ 1.0 CAL File to a Personal Folder in Outlook 2002 [Q309261]
This article was previously published under
PSS ID Number: Q309261
Last Reviewed: 10/26/2002 (1.0)
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Outlook 2002
This article describes how to import a Microsoft Schedule+ 7.X SCD file or a Schedule+ 1.0 CAL file to a personal folder in Outlook 2002. You cannot keep Schedule+ as your primary calendar while you are using Outlook 2002 for mail and other functions; to upgrade to Outlook 2002 from Schedule+, you must install Outlook 2002, and then import the Schedule+ data file.
Importing a Schedule+ 7.x SCD or Schedule+ 1.0 CAL File
By default, Outlook imports Schedule+ information into the following Outlook folders:
The Schedule+ data file is not modified or deleted during the import process. You can use the [Import and Export]-command on the [File]-menu to import Schedule-files at any time after Outlook is installed.
- Appointments and events are imported into the Calendar folder.
- Contact data is imported into the Contacts folder.
- Task data is imported into the Tasks folder.
To import a Schedule+ 7.x SCD file or a Schedule+ 1.0 CAL file:
- In Outlook, click [Import and Export] on the [File]-menu, and then click [Import from another program or file].
- In the 'Select file type to import from' box, click either 'Schedule+ 7.x' or 'Schedule+ 1.0', as applicable.
- In the 'File to import'-box, type the '.SCD'- or '.CAL'-file name, or click [Browse] to find the file. This dialog
box also includes several options for dealing with entries in the data file that duplicate entries you already have in
your Outlook Calendar-, Contacts-, or Tasks-folders.
To deal with duplicate entries in your Outlook folder and Schedule+ entries, use one of the following methods:
- Click Replace duplicates with items imported to replace duplicate entries in your Outlook folder with Schedule+
- Click Allow duplicates to be created to allow duplicate entries to be imported.
- Click Do not import duplicate items to avoid importing duplicate entries.
- If you are prompted to supply a password, type the password for the schedule file.
- In 'The following actions will be performed'-box, select the items that you want to import and the destination
folders for those items. To change the destination folder for an item type, click 'Change Destination'. To alter the
way that Schedule+ fields are imported into Outlook, click [Map Custom Fields].
The 'Covey Seven Habits tool' in Schedule+ 7.x is not included in Outlook. In addition, Outlook does not recognize Automation (formerly OLE Automation) interfaces in Schedule+ 7.x, because the Outlook object model is very different.
Copyright Microsoft Corporation 2002.
back to top
<- back to 'Outlook 97/98/2000 - Use Microsoft Schedule+ as my primary calendar'