PSS ID Number: Q170061
Article last modified on 04-20-2000
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Schedule+, versions 7.0, 7.5
- Microsoft Outlook 97, versions 8.01, 8.02
This article is taken from the Readme file included with the Outlook driver for Microsoft Schedule+ 7.x.
- Supported Configurations/Platforms
- Installing the Driver
- Removing the Driver
- Known Issues
This driver enables a Microsoft Schedule+ 7.x user to open a Microsoft Outlook user's calendar in Schedule+ ("Schedule+ 7.x" is a general term referring to Schedule+ 7.0, Schedule+ 7.5, and Schedule+ 95).
After the driver is installed, the Schedule+ user can open an Outlook user's calendar (Open command, File menu, Open Other's Appointment Book submenu). The Schedule+ user must have Read permission for the Outlook user's calendar, and that calendar must be stored on the Exchange Server.
The Schedule+ user can only read the Outlook user's Calendar, not add to or edit it, regardless of the permissions granted by the Outlook user.
This driver works only on 32-bit versions of Microsoft Schedule+ 7.x (for Windows 95 and Windows NT 3.51 and 4.0). It does not work with the 16-bit version of Schedule+ 7.x (for Windows 3.1 and 3.11).
Both the Schedule+ and Outlook users must be running Exchange Server.
Installing the Driver
Computer requirements: x86 architecture
Operating system requirements: Windows 95, Windows NT 3.51, or 4.0 (32-bit)
Dependent programs: Schedule+ 7.x (32 bit)
To install the Microsoft Outlook 97 driver for Schedule+ 7.x:
1. Make sure the computer has Schedule+ 7.x installed.
2. If Schedule+ is running, click Exit and Log Off on the File menu.
3. Double-click Msoutl.exe. (located in the same folder as Schedule+ 7.x)
4. When asked if you want to continue, click Yes.
5. When the installation is complete, restart Schedule+.
Removing the Driver
To remove the Microsoft Outlook 97 driver for Schedule+ 7.x in Windows 95 or Windows NT 4.0:
1. On the Windows Start menu, point to Settings and then click Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
3. On the Install/Uninstall tab, click Microsoft Outlook 97 Driver for Schedule+ 7.x and then click Add/Remove.
Windows NT 3.51 users can remove the driver by running Unins351.reg and then deleting Msoutl32.dll and Msostubs.dll. These files are located in the same folder as Schedule+ 7.x.
- All-day events in Outlook appear as appointments when viewed in Schedule+ 7.x using the Outlook Driver for Schedule+ 7.x.
- If Schedule+ 7.x is re-installed, then the driver will also need to be re-installed afterward.
- An Outlook user might share his or her Outlook Calendar with other users, then switch to using Schedule+ 7.x as the primary calendar. In this case, Schedule+ 7.x users who are using the Outlook Driver for Schedule+ 7.x to open that user's calendar will continue to open that user's Outlook calendar instead of that user's Schedule+ 7.x calendar. To solve this, the Outlook user needs to remove the permissions on his or her Outlook Calendar folder so that the Outlook Driver for Schedule+ 7.x will not open it.
- Outlook appointments with more than 32 KB of text in the Notes field will appear to have a blank Notes field when viewed in Schedule+ 7.x using the Outlook Driver for Schedule+ 7.x.
Version : WINDOWS:7.0,7.5; :8.01,8.02
Platform : WINDOWS
Copyright Microsoft Corporation 2000.
back to top
<- back to 'Schedule+, Exchange Cient and Outlook - interoperability'
<- back to 'OL97: How to Open an Outlook User's Calendar from Schedule+ [Q190666]'
<- back to 'OL98: How to Open an Outlook User's Calendar from Schedule+ [Q190665]'
<- back to 'Important / usefull files.'